- Stan Justice - for all his work helping the new sections of course actually happen
- Ben Nelson - for doing a great job course marking, not to mention serving as the PA announcer at the finish and MC at awards
- Ed Debevec - if you enjoyed your online registration experience, and liked the instantaneous updates to the online entry lists, Ed's the guy to thank. He put in untold hours to make this year's registration data of the highest quality
- Monte Jordan - winner of the Spirit of the Equinox Award, and the person who made bib pickup easy and fast
- Kes Woodward - for creating a beautiful print and being generous enough to have all the proceeds go to the Equinox Marathon
- John Carlson - who coordinated all the ultramarathon service points and service providers
- Keith Pollock - first man to arrive in the morning, hauling trailers and supplies, last man to leave at night, having made sure that everything was picked up and put away, then hauling trailers home. Oh yeah, and ran a marathon in between, and arrived at the awards late after performing these thankless tasks
Support on the Course:
- West Valley HS Cross Country Running Team - provided all traffic control for the marathon
- Moose Mountain Ski Patrol and Lathrop High School Swim Team - for all the marathon course aid stations, except . . .
- Watershed School who provided the service at the marathon turnaround on the Out-and-Back
- Chena Goldstream VFD for providing medical services in the field
- Goldstream Sports for hosting the first exchange zone in their parking lot
- Lathrop HS Cross Country Running Team provided timing personnel and expertise at the relay exchange zones
- North Pole HS Cross Country Running Team - ultramarathon service
- Eielson HS Cross Country Running Team - ultramarathon service
- Tanana Middle School Cross Country Running Team - ultramarathon service
- NSCF/FXC Racing - finish line timing service
AND THE REAL HEROES OF THE DAY . . .
The contractors and the UAF Project Managers who made the start and finish HAPPEN!
Thanks to all the past champions who attended the 50th running of the Equinox marathon, and made the event even more special, and to Jim Mahaffey, one of the original founding fathers of the event, who attended with his wife, Dee.
If you know any of these individuals or groups, say "Thank You!" for helping create a great event. And our apologies for not thanking by name the many, many other individuals and groups who made contributions that made the event possible.
Let us know with comments how you liked your Equinox!