At yesterday’s Equinox banquet, Gary Pohl delivered a presentation written by Keith Pollock, presenting the 2016 Spirit of the Equinox award to Ed Debevec. Despite not being able to hear the presentation–the Student Rec Center is not known for its great acoustics!–Ed was dragged on stage and delivered a stellar acceptance speech and rebuttal. Ed was an excellent choice, and you can read the presentation here:
Live results will be available during the Equinox Marathon and Relay by going to this URL: https://results.chronotrack.com/event/results/event/event-21910
All marathon runners and relay runners will pass timing points at 8.2 miles at Ann’s Airstrip near the first relay exchange at Goldstream Sports, and just before 17 miles near the second relay exchange point on top of Ester Dome. And, of course, there will be live timing at the finish.
Times and rankings for individuals and teams should be available at that URL within 2 minutes of runners passing the respective timing points and the finish.
Timing services are provided by SportAlaska Event Timing using ChronoTrack chip-timing technology. ChronoTrack is the industry leader in running race timing.
Remember that ALL members of a relay team must be entered individually in order to be added to a team. If there is someone on your relay team who has not yet entered and has not been added to your team, please have them follow the instructions below. If they follow these instructions no further action will be needed, because they will be added to the team and we will know what leg they will be running.
If all members of your team are not registered prior to bib pickup, then we will need to take the time to register them at bib pickup, and that will take extra time and will create long lines. So, please help us out, and help out all the other people who will be picking up bibs when you are picking up your relay belt and bib.
This needs to be done not later than midnight Wednesday night, September 21, as online registration closes at that time. Once a relay team entry fee has been paid, there is NO CHARGE for the 2nd and 3rd members of the team to register.
Thank you for your help.
1. Go to: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/21910
2. Personal Information – Enter name and other requested information
3. Waiver – check box and initial waiver
4. Team Selection – click “Join Existing Team” button
5. Team Selection – enter the name of your team in the search box – be sure you spell it correctly
6. Team Selection – check the box in the grayed area that shows your team name, then click NEXT
7. Address – enter address information
8. Emergency Contact – enter requested information
9. Relay Leg – click the button corresponding to the leg you will run
10. Promotional Code – don’t need to enter anything; click next
11. Checkout Summary – click Checkout
12. Payment Information – No Payment is required. Click Submit
13. Your’re Registered – Click Finish
Matias Saari’s book, The Equinox: Alaska’s Trailblazing Marathon, is finally available!
He will be signing books at the following events:
– Friday, Sept. 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Book Launch Party (#2), Goldstream Sports
– Wednesday, Sept. 14, 6-8 p.m. – Slide show, Beaver Sports
– Thursday, Sept. 15, 5-8 p.m. – Equinox bib pickup, Wood Center
– Friday, Sept. 16, 5-8 p.m. – Equinox bib pickup, Wood Center
The book will be available for retail at Beaver Sports, Goldstream Sports and Gulliver’s Books. It can also be ordered at the website www.equinoxmarathonbook.com.
Saari’s book is 460 pages long and features a mostly chronological history of the event, recaps of every race from 1963-2015, and more than 100 photos.