Tomorrow is the big day! Many have trained hard, some have not, some are just taking a stroll. Whatever you plan to do, have fun with it and enjoy the day!
Get a good’s night rest, and we will see you in the morning!
A reminder that you will need to pick up you bib TONIGHT! There is no registration or bib pick-up for Relay Participants on Saturday morning. Only for marathoners.
Stacy Fisk (RD)
Runners, joggers, hikers, walkers:
Here is your RACE-DAY schedule:
6:30am – UAF Student Recreation Center (SRC) Opens
6:45am-7:30am – Race Day Bib Pick-Up/Registration in the SRC (no registration for relay teams)
7:15am – Race Briefing w/ Rachael Kvapil (SRC)
8:00am – Cannon goes off for the start
6:00pm – Doors open for awards banquet (SRC)
6:30pm – Awards presentation begins
8:00pm-8:30pm – Awards ceremony ends
Please thank all our volunteers/sponsors on race day. They have put in a lot of work to help make this race possible!
If you have any questions, please contact Stacy via email prior to Saturday morning.
Have fun out there, and I hope to see all of you on the course or at the finish line!!!!
Runners, Joggers, Hikers, and Walkers:
There’s a reason why some call this one of the toughest marathons in the world...PLEASE READ –>
Saturday looks like there will be chilly rain. We want everyone to be safe, so we are advising people to have rain gear. Bring hats, headbands and gloves – be prepared.
There is a chance of snow on top of Ester Dome in the morning, but the possibility of snow at the top increases during the day Saturday as a cold front moves through the valley.
We will have a warm-up shack at the top of Ester Dome if anyone needs it for an emergency. There is no bag or clothing drop, however. You may leave a bag with your relay team member.
If you have questions, please ask our race officials.
WE CAN DO THIS!
Stacy Fisk (Race Director)
Runner, Joggers, Hikers, and Walkers,
A few things to keep in mind about the race on Saturday:
- Remember parking will be LIMITED due to the Nenana Lot being closed. Try to car pool if all possible and plan accordingly.
- There will be a bag drop at the start/finish only located at the Team RWB tent.
- There will be showers available for free in the SRC or the Patty Center buildings.
- Massages will be available by Advanced Physical Therapy.
- A medical tent will be at the start/finish if need assistance. They will located along the trail, and there will be a warming shack at the top of Ester Dome should you need this.
- Keep in mind there is NO bag drop or shuttling of gear at the Relay Exchange Zones. You are responsible for your own gear.
- Results will be posted at: www.sportalaska.com