Below is some course information:
- The course will be well marked by our gracious volunteers. I still advise that you take a look at the course maps off of the Race Info page, so you have an idea of where you are going.
- Full marathoners will be following the RED plates placed on stakes. Half marathoners will be following BLUE plates placed on stakes.
- Volunteers will be out there directing you where to go. There will be traffic controllers at railroad crossings and other key locations. Please respect them and if they tell you to wait due to traffic or a train coming, please wait. They are there for your safety.
- The course is rerouted around 1.5 mile near a “new standing pond” that did not drain fully. You will go around this area and it will be marked. This will shorten the out and back a small amount.
- Another course change is past mile 8.0 near Goldstream Sports. Traditionally you will follow the trail past Goldstream Sports then pop out on the road. This year ALL full and half marathoners will stay on the trail a little longer and come to a driveway and then pop out on the road. Full marathoners will continue up towards Ester Dome, half marathoners will turn around at this point on the road. This will be marked and volunteers will be there.
- If you have family or friends supporting/cheering you on, keep in mind that Ester Dome Road will be closed and only open to those that live up there. There will be someone up there checking for Equinox Passes to let race organizers through. They can park below and walk up.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Stacy Fisk (RD)