Below is some course information:
- The course will be well marked by our gracious volunteers. I still advise that you take a look at the course maps off of the Race Info page, so you have an idea of where you are going.
- Full marathoners will be following the RED plates placed on stakes. Half marathoners will be following BLUE plates placed on stakes.
- Volunteers will be out there directing you where to go. There will be traffic controllers at railroad crossings and other key locations. Please respect them and if they tell you to wait due to traffic or a train coming, please wait. They are there for your safety.
- The course is rerouted around 1.5 mile near a “new standing pond” that did not drain fully. You will go around this area and it will be marked. This will shorten the out and back a small amount.
- Another course change is past mile 8.0 near Goldstream Sports. Traditionally you will follow the trail past Goldstream Sports then pop out on the road. This year ALL full and half marathoners will stay on the trail a little longer and come to a driveway and then pop out on the road. Full marathoners will continue up towards Ester Dome, half marathoners will turn around at this point on the road. This will be marked and volunteers will be there.
- If you have family or friends supporting/cheering you on, keep in mind that Ester Dome Road will be closed and only open to those that live up there. There will be someone up there checking for Equinox Passes to let race organizers through. They can park below and walk up.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Stacy Fisk (RD)
Good Morning Participants!
Here are a few things to expect at the race:
- The SRC (Student Recreation Center) will be open in the morning at 7:00AM.
- The Patty Center will be available for showers after the race.
- There will be aid stations that will have Lemon Lime Gatorade, water, and snacks.
- After the race, starting on Tuesday if you would like to switch your shirt size or need to pick one up after registering during bib pick-up you can do so at Frosty Feet Running Company. Keep in mind I will only have them there for one week, then they head into storage.
Volunteers were very hard to come by this year, so please be sure to THANK THEM!! The race can not happen without them!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Lots of information coming this week with all the details leading up to the race and after.
Wednesday – Friday (this week) 2:00PM-7:00PM at Frosty Feet Running Company in the Chena Pump Plaza
Saturday (Race Day) 7:00AM – 9:30AM
Race Start Times
Full Marathon 8:00AM
Half Marathon 10:00AM
Certified Flaggers Needed
Lastly, we are in need this year of 5 minimum certified flaggers for the railroad crossings. We are willing to pay for the certification class online. We can not obtain the DOT Permit without them. If you know someone that may be interested, please have them contact me ASAP.
Looking forward to a great race!
Stan Justice, the primary and longest-running Equinox Marathon course maintainer, reports that this year there will be some minor changes to the both courses to accommodate various conditions.
The seasonal pond just north of Ballaine Lake has not dried up this year, so we are going around it. This shortened the out and back 139 feet.
Both the half and the full will stay off Ester Dome Road a tad more. The landowner suggested we stay on the powerline to their driveway. I need to move the Susan Sugi sign.
The half is going to go right on Ester Dome Road and then right on the road to Goldstream Sports but not go into the parking lot. Stay on the road and then left up Ann’s airstrip.
The start for the half moves back 158 feet.
I hope that is all the changes and no surprise comes up.
Thanks for all your work, Stan!
We are still in need of volunteers for the Equinox Marathon. Please sign-up here!
Contact race director, Stacy Fisk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-888-3193 with any questions.