We’re happy to announce that registration is open for the 2022 Equinox Kids Marathon, a chance for kids to run a marathon a mile at a time. Check out the details here and register on the Running Club North website here today!
We’ve posted an updated course map on the Marathon Course page. Nothing substantially new for the marathon route, but the map now includes the half-marathon route, shown in dark blue on the map.
We’re pleased to announce that registration for the 2022 Equinox Marathon and Half Marathon is now open. All the details are on the Entering page.
We’ll see you at the start line in September!
Congratulations to all who finished either the full Equinox Marathon or the inaugural Half Marathon last weekend! There were a lot of photographers out on the course, and some have offered to share their photos:
- Paris Photographics – prints and downloads available for purchase.
- Mark Conde – Mark writes: I have reviewed about 2/3 of the shots I took, and posted an initial batch of shots to the gallery. I will be adding the rest over the next few days. The photos can be freely downloaded at around 6 mega-pixel resolution. If anyone doesn’t want their photo in the gallery, I’m more than happy to remove it. They can just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the photo in question, and I’ll remove it.
If you have a publicly accessible online collection from this year and would like to share them, please email Don Kiely at email@example.com. I’ll add them to this post, so check back for more.
Thanks to the photographers for sharing!
An IMPORTANT note from Running Club North:
Dear Equinox Participant,
The 58th running of Running Club North’s (RCN) Fairbanks Equinox Marathon and first running of the Half Marathon on September 18, 2021 will occur during truly unique times—dominated as they are by COVID. With unique times come unique responsibilities. RCN’s Board of Directors wants to mention its expectations of participants:
- Do not attend for any reason (including as an observer) if you have ANY COVID symptoms or have been in contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID within the last 14 days.
- While in attendance please abide by the following:
- Maintain social distancing at the start of the race, at aid stations to the best of your ability, and, especially, during the pre-race briefing
- Mask up until the race is underway
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. The Equinox Marathon/Half Marathon is a highlight of the fall season for many of us and I look forward to seeing you on the trails. Race Director Stacy Fisk is doing an admirable job organizing these races under truly unusual times. Let’s all do our parts by keeping ourselves and each other healthy.
For the RCN Board of Directors,
Arthur Hussey, President