The Equinox Marathon is one of the quintessential community events of Interior Alaska and Fairbanks, one that brings together the community, runners and non-runners alike. It is the last big outdoor event before the winter snows fall (well, usually before), and is a unique celebration of everything good about Fairbanks.
The event is sponsored by Running Club North, an all-volunteer organization that supports runners of all ages and abilities. It takes enormous resources to plan, organize, and execute an event like this, including both volunteer effort and hours, and money. Otherwise, registration fees would be well out of the range of all but the wealthiest runners and walkers!
Won’t you please consider supporting the Equinox Marathon events? There are several ways you can get involved in this amazing event:
- Volunteer: either before the race or during that amazing Saturday in September
- Life Membership: if you want to support the event financially, and get “free” entry for life, a life membership is for you
- Course Markers: these appear along the entire route to keep runners on course and to let them know where they are
- Sponsorship: become a major sponsor of the Equinox through a direct monetary contribution
- Donate: give whatever amount you can afford to cover expenses and keep registration fees reasonable
Failing all else, come out and cheer on runners along the course!